Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Katie wears lipstick, too!

Couric: Gov. Palin, since our last interview, you've gotten a lot of flak. Some Republicans have said you're not prepared; you're not ready for prime-time. People have questioned your readiness since that interview. And I'm curious …

(okjimm: I'm curious, too)

Palin: Well, not only am I ready, but willing and able to serve as vice-president with Sen. McCain if Americans so bless us and privilege us with the opportunity of serving them, ready with my executive experience as a city mayor and manager, as a governor, as a commissioner, a regulator of oil and gas.

(okjimm: Ya, and I bet you gotza spare hockey rink ya wanna sell me, too!)

Couric: Is that something you shouldn't say out loud, Sen. McCain?
John McCain: Of course not. But, look, I understand this day and age of "gotcha" journalism. Is that a pizza place?

(okjimm: Gees! I thought Gotcha sold those great jelly doughnuts?)

Couric: Are you sorry you said it?
McCain: … and the fact …

Couric: Governor?

McCain: Wait a minute. Before you say, "is she sorry she said it," this was a "gotcha" sound bite that, look …
Couric: It wasn't a "gotcha."

(okjimm: Huh? When is a gotcha not a gotcha?)

McCain: No, she was in a conversation with a group of people and talking back and forth. And … I'll let Gov. Palin speak for herself.

Palin: Well, it … in fact, you're absolutely right on. In the context, this was a voter, a constituent, hollering out a question from across an area asking, "What are you gonna do about Pakistan? You better have an answer to Pakistan." I said we're gonna do what we have to do to protect the United States of America.

Couric: But you were pretty specific about what you wanted to do, cross-border …

Palin: Well, as Sen. McCain is suggesting here, also, never would our administration get out there and show our cards to terrorists, in this case, to enemies and let them know what the game plan was, not when that could ultimately adversely affect a plan to keep America secure.

Couric: What did you learn from that experience?

Palin: That this is all about "gotcha" journalism. A lot of it is. But that's okay, too.

(okjimm: Hmm, I'm ok, too. So do I get a pizza, a jelly doughnut, or just a sound bite, or bite-me, Jesus, is this a campaign or what?)

I think Katie Couric is getting to be a hero, to me. She wears lipstick. Whadda you think, Katie, about the Governor of Alaska?

Gotcha!

* I know I edited the transcript to suit myself. I must have a little Republican in my background. Very little, I hope.

... And just to take a moment to stroke my sense of humor.... I found this comment on a blog in a galaxy far away speaking of Palin's interview capabilities.

"Interview? REAL evangelicals need no stinking interviews. WE saw ALL we need to see. Did't you fools see HER with Gibson? WE evangelicals decided last 2 elections. WE decide this one too. Fools! Nov 4 not the end, JUST THE BEGINNING! WE been praying all life for this. Thank you God....I knew you answer prayers of REAL faithful. We TRUE evangelicals see it coming soon. THE RAPTURE! God promised to rapture us...THE TRUE BELIEVERS...just before end times. Thank you for Sarah, God. SHE the ONE. I saw HER with Gibson. Qualified? Knowledgeable? Honest? etc.? WE DON”T CARE! She not blink! YOU, my GOD will tell her when time is right. She truly knows YOU. I saw it in her eyes, SHE the ONE will not blink...SHE will PRESS THE BUTTON WITH NO HESITATION whatsoever. ARMAGEDDON ! So who cares. The rest will get what they deserve"

I found my reason for tonight's beer already!

8 comments:

Randal Graves said...

The worst part about Palin? She's set hockey acceptance in this country back thousands of years.

Fucking fundies. If this world is so horrid and Magical Jesus Land is so wonderful, go off yourself. Oh, that's right, suicide is a Super Sin. Nice fucking out you have in order to spread your fundie misery to those of us NOT looking to blow the fuck out of everything.

At least hockey season starts next week. Oh, that's right, it's still not on ESPN.

Now I've got TWO reasons for tonight's vin.

okjimm said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH....... HOCKEY!!!!

Actually, I was eagerly awaiting the start of the Ballet season.... which might be on ESPN.... I am hoping to start a Fantasy Ballet league.

Mary Ellen said...

okjimm- oh man...more politics? There's more important things to talk about, like beer. I left you some at my blog.

Anonymous said...

That you visited a blog where you can come across comments like that one kind of scares me. And, while I've never been a huge Katie Couric fan, I have to give her big points for the way she's beating the shit out of Palin. But I have to admit, too, that I was waiting for McCain to pull an old line from the SNL archive ..."Sarah you magnificently, ignorant..."

Anonymous said...

She must have friends. I saw a typical tennis mom (it's Georgia, what can I say, we don't do hockey) with the blond helmet hair, the perfect make up and the white, vanity-plated gas guzzling Yukon with the sports magnets with the kids' names on them. Painted on he back windows like it's homecoming?

"A Mom for Palin!"

Oh, baby.

susan said...

Now I need to have 2 drinks.. or maybe 3 or 4 straight shots with beer chasers in between. This was not the year to give up drinking.

DivaJood said...

In the HIGHLY Republican Manhattan Beach, California, I saw a lovely SUV with the bumper sticker that said "Hockey Mom for Biden."

Distributorcap said...

retrospect is fun aint it

palin is 'annoyed' at the liberal katie couric for trapping her

Blog Archive