Monday, November 28, 2011

Herbie Hancock doggone it

....


well, OK... it;s a Herbie kinda day, ha.... and it ani't even close to over.  Good old Oliver-Dog got away from me.  Or to be honest, he just decided to take his walk without me or the leash. Nope, I could see him thinking, see, as he looked back at me, "I knows the way, Jimm, just be seeing you in a bit." And off he went . Hit the corner at Sterling and Powers and just started trucking down Powers headed south with me yelling behind him.  Course, he can do two blocks to my one and I am getting pissed, and, gosh I barely covered that block when he comes running back  north up THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET chasing a guy on a bicycle. Now I have no ideas about what he would do iffen he would catch that bike and it ain't no never mind, cause now I am a block behind him heading the other way... and getting a little chilly in my thinking.  Well, someone at Melvin and Powers said he stopped at the fire hydrant for a quickie leakie and  and was headed east.  So I am trucking east on Baldwin hollering out his name when a door pops open.... "Oliver? Is he short, black&white?"  Well, some lady opened the door to get her newspaper and he just sauntered in and sat on their couch.  Dogs can be assholes.

No soup for you, Dog.

But nothing is nothing that can't be fixed with a little Herbie on the stereo and maybe a little herbie in the pipe.  finished off with a little cookies and milk.  No cookies for you, either, goddam dog.

13 comments:

Sherry Peyton said...

Somehow I can picture this all too readily. I bet your neighbors are still laughing.

susan said...

We ran into a guy at the park last week who'd let two puppies off the leash and couldn't find them. There's nothing funnier than to see a grown man calling 'Sweetums!, Zoopers!' at the top of his lungs. At least your dog has a decent dog name.

Commander Zaius said...

I had something similar happen to me once. About ten years ago came home for lunch and saw my black lab running around the neighborhood, tried to catch the dog but she thought it was a game and would haul ass whenever I came anywhere near grabbing her.

After giving up I went to go see how she gotten out of our fenced in yard. Long story short, a typical dumbass resident of the "lovely" county I live had come to fill up the propane tank in the backyard. My dog had slipped out and when propane dude was finished he did not even have the manners to leave a note.

Called the propane company and got a snarky attitude until the lady I was speaking looked on her computer and saw the note about not letting the dog out, even if it meant coming back later when someone was home.

I then went to cuss her out but after a couple of minutes realized it served no point. The dog eventually came home and while I cannot stand most of these people in this county, I have to live here until my kids are grown.

nonnie9999 said...

oliver was just trying to make sure you're getting some exercise. what a good doggie!!

Randal Graves said...

A dog day afternoon, but now I've got Rocket in my head, doggone it. This comment has now gone to the dogs.

Anonymous said...

Have been there far too many times. My Stella chases bikes, too. What irritates me are the bike riders that think it's a game and will pedal faster - meanwhile, I'm running behind, shrieking, "Stella! Stella!" and so, of course, no one takes me seriously. I love how the dogs act like it's all in a day's fun. No cookies?! Oh, don't hold a grudge for too long!

MRMacrum said...

Cyclists are irresistible to a dog. It's in their DNA.

okjimm said...

Sherry... it was up in my Ex's neighborhood.... more folks know the dog know than know her!

Susan, who in their right mind names a dog Zoopers? Oliver kinda came with the name... I would have named him 'Pope' cause we would truly know, then, where the Pope.... anywayz

Dear Bum... if I had my druthers I would druther get a parakeet.. never have to walk them..

Randal...you're a poodle at heart, confess confess confess

Jean... made me think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6zRXdTEXiSM

..youse gonna get a dog name 'em Stanley?

Crum.... chasing bikes isn't so bad... he also likes to chase dump trucks...

nonnie9999 said...

yeah, go ahead and skip right over me, just because i sided with the puppy, jimm. my feelings aren't hurt. ~sniff~

okjimm said...

see, Nonnie...never side with the dogs! they are evil!!

nonnie9999 said...

when puppies take over the world, they'll remember who defended them and who dissed them. sleep with one eye open, my friend. ;op

DjM said...

Thanks for posting... Herbie kills it with his chords on this track.

okjimm said...

on this track???? DjM! he nails it ona alla his tracks! just saying

Blog Archive