Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Great Minds think alike... and then there are Republicans... a day with Eric Hofer



"Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength."
Eric Hoffer








"Our greatest pretenses are built up not to hide the evil and the ugly in us, but our emptiness. The hardest thing to hide is something that is not there."
Eric Hoffer
"Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life."
Eric Hoffer
"What monstrosities would walk the streets were some people's faces as unfinished as their minds."
Eric Hoffer
  
 
"Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and turns into a racket."
Eric Hoffer
 
"The quality of ideas seems to play a minor role in mass movement leadership. What counts is the arrogant gesture, the complete disregard of the opinion of others, the singlehanded defiance of the world."
Eric Hoffer
"An empty head is not really empty; it is stuffed with rubbish. Hence the difficulty of forcing anything into an empty head."
Eric Hoffer
 Lookit here son, I say son, did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white. Then blue. Rhode Island. Red, white, and blue. That's a joke, son. A flag waver. You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em. Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball. Eye. Ball. I almost had a gag, son. Joke, that is. 
Foghorn Leghorn

13 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Beck should totally be doing cameos in Troma flicks.

Sherry Peyton said...

Well done! I say, well done!

Anonymous said...

That is the single most perfect thing I have seen today. EXCELLENT!!!!

susan said...

Great series. I mean the Eric Hoffer quotes. Who are those unattractive people?

Foghorn Leghorn is as wise today as ever was.

okjimm said...

Randal... Beckl should be doing Cameos on "Ax men"... he could be a log.

Sherry, I say, son, thank you, it's a joke... like a tea bagger, just add a little sugar and it aint't so bitter

DC.. I aim to amuse... and when I miss.... well the glass of beer is usually close by

Susan... ling time Mel Blanc fan.... Yosemite Sam is another under appreciated politician... in my book

Ahab said...

This modern-day tribute to Eric Hoffer made my evening. I need to re-read THE TRUE BELIEVER sometime.

nonnie9999 said...

perfect! my fave was the quote next to batshit bachmann.

okjimm said...

Ahab... the book galvanized me as a college freshman... I have a very worn copy.... that I still pick up.
Ya'll stop by anyz ol' time.

Nonnie....Bachmann is a waste as a politician.... she would be so much more valuable as a greeter at Walmart.

S.W. Anderson said...

okjimm, that's one truly excellent post. Foghorn Leghorn has it all over the others featured because he's both more entertaining and less offensive.

okjimm said...

SW.... I have been a life long fan of the old Warner cartoons.... and Mel Blanc..... Mel was the best... ever.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Pure genius, okjimm! Best read of the week!

Nameless Cynic said...

I say, you smacked them right on their flat heads! I say, you nailed 'em, boy! You nailed 'em!

You listenin', son? I'm talkin' to you, but I'm not sure you're hearin' - your eyes are wanderin' around the room like a stray dog at a fried chicken contest. You need to pay attention, son! You're sharp as a tack, but twice as flat-headed.

Not sayin' you're doin' anythin' wrong here, son, but it might be you're usin' too many words. Pictures, boy! Pictures, is what I'm tellin' you! People like their eyes engaged, because their minds are usually in neutral!

That's a joke, son. You're supposed to laugh - it's only polite. That's the problem with children today - got no manners. Raised like savages.

See, boy, their minds are in neutral! Because life is like a gearbox, and sometimes you need to grab it and yank it back and forth! And it don't matter where you grab it: by the ball on the top, or grabbin' the shaft and strokin'... I say, strokin'... and movin' your hand...

I don't know where I'm goin' with this, son, but if you'll excuse me, I think I need some alone time - I mean, by myself, ya' know. But keep up the good work! You're doin' fine, son! Fine work! Just.... fine!

okjimm said...

Shaw... I, ah, lessee, ah, the is one really really nice compliment... especially from you. Tanks.

Nameless... I say thanks, ya know... sure, like, shit&whiskers... you see, if we can't have fun, why, golly, then we would be Republicans... ya know... who can't have fun, see, when someone else is having fun... then they would, like, ya know... put a fun tax on stuff.... oh, ya, they do....right... and stop by anyz ol time.

Blog Archive