Monday, December 29, 2008



I gotza snow for Christmas. And a buncha other days,too! The 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 26th then the temp rose to 40 on the 27th and rained, drizzled, sleeted, iced, glazed. On the 28th we received another 5 inches. Shit, this place sucks!! And the REALLY bad weather doesn't usually show up until after New Years. Slop, Slush, puddles.


So I had all of last week off for the holiday. Not really off. Max got his car stuck out in the country when he went snowshoeing. Monday morning pulling him out. I told him, last fall, that he really needed two new front tires, but the rear ones were practically new. His mother decided to get them for him, a Christmas present. But she ordered FOUR and the wrong size! Tuesday spent getting refund and ordering correct tires. Wednesday spent driving in near blizzard to visit my Mom and Sister's family. Two and a half hour drive took almost four hours. Thursday drive back ..... in another near blizzard. Friday spent three hours pulling Max's car out of ex-wife's driveway/yard. I am still not certain how he managed to do that. Cleared off Ex's drive and we had a nice cup of tea discussing the Children and their most assuredly bright and glorius future, and why Max only needed two tires. She said she would not charge me for the tea and I promised not to bill her for snow clearance. Civility is good at years end.


Saturday the temps hit 40, a far cry from the previous Saturday when the wind chills were -28, but it rained heavily and turned the city into a massive skating rink around sunset. Yesterday there was a fresh coat of 5 inches of snow ontop of the ice. Dude calls me up at 7am offering me two Packer tickets at $20 each. Funny guy. A total of $40 to drive an hour and a half to Green Bay and watch the Packers play the Lions? I have great friends..... they break me up.


But Christmas did have a good side. The kids gave me a bunch of old Paul Newman movies. Miriam gave me a real nice cactus for my collection. I think I will just 'sit-in' over the next weekend and watch old movies..... or just watch the cactus grow. More fun that shoveling snow!

5 comments:

Randal Graves said...

This post almost makes me want to cast curses upon winter. Almost.

Though think about this brain twister: without the blasphemy of slushy ice, you would've had to post about Chimpy or something.

Enjoy your Xmas stuff. Do you know if they have a movie about cacti?

okjimm said...

Cactus, The Movie

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/FIPiKRSP1w8HTT

Unknown said...

Snow...the pretty white stuff that causes old guys to have heart attacks whilst shoveling it?

I remember it well.. ;P

Glad you got some Xmas goodies..enjoy!

anita said...

spring is just around the corner. hang in there my friend.

ha ha haaaaaaaa !!!

oh, and i'm laughing at the "just around the corner" part, not the "my friend" part.

just to be clear.

Anonymous said...

Can I send my kids to come hang with you in Wisconsin? For some reason, they go batshit over snow and have been quite pissy about the fact that all we get is rain here on Long Island.

No matter. I'm glad you had a nice Christmas, tire and ex- issues not withstanding.

Blog Archive