Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm the one with hair.... just saying...

well.... I ain't got nothing.  It's the Gallery Walk tonight....... and the weather seems like it will be ok.   I always like to check out Jambalaya... see what the folks there have been up to.... Dan Weber breaks me up!!!

course.... the Best Part of Gallery Walk night is that Oblio's  is right in the middle of the thingee....  Now it just dawned on me that I talk about the place a lot. (and have beers there a lot)... but it really is a nice spot.... and there has been a bar in the location since 1874.  My friend Lee wrote a very nice history of the place at his Blog and I thought it might be of some interest.  Check it out here.... and PART 2    it is a two part article... hope some may enjoy.....
and if you are out... tonight... in beauriful Downtown Wisconsin.... check me out

Lee Mooka J and me

15 comments:

Sherry Peyton said...

Nice how ya cropped that pic to cut off the "Wanted drunk or sober" at the bottom.
Have a good weekend Jimmy!

Randal Graves said...

Your rug's almost as good as Shatner's!

Life As I Know It Now said...

Curly, Moe, & Larry?

Oh, I kid! What a great looking bunch of guys. Hey, if you got friends and a place to hang out in then you sorta got it made, right? :)

susan said...

Do you get to stroll around in the galleries with that brew? If so, be careful you don't trip. I'm glad to see it's so warm there :-)

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sue said...

Yup, still cute!

Good friends, good times....

Gavrillo said...

Wow. The articles on Oblio's took me down memory lane. If I could only remember the four years I spent in the town named after a Ho-Chunk Chief(later a beer), I might remember having quaffed a few there.

okjimm said...

Sherry... the few that tolerate me drunk find me totally obnoxious when sober

Randal... It's astro-hair...

Libs... ya, but whom is which? Oblio's is just a short walk through the alley to the library... convenient when I need to dilute heavy thoughts.

Sue... Cute? of all the nasty things I am accused of (and proud of) you hadda go add cute!! Wowzers!

G'rillo... glad you liked the write.... Lee really does great research... he is planning on a new blog on local history... and has been nominated to the city's 'monument committee' that takes care of all the local bronzes and statuary. Great guy.

S.W. Anderson said...

Enjoy, but don't let the gallery walk turn into a slip, slide and stagger affair. ;)

nonnie9999 said...

27 beers on tap? and how many urinals?

susan said...

Me again in case you're keeping count. Do you ever wonder who all of those who visit and never leave a comment are?

okjimm said...

Susan.... so times it is a curiosity..... and most times I don't care.... but the other day, at the bar, someone I don't know well started talking to me about my blog.... I needs be careful wherez I put that picture!

okjimm said...

Nonnie.... 1) only 23 of those taps count as real beer if you ask me 2) They added and upgraded the women's room five years ago... five seats, little waiting... just saying

Lee said...

Who you kiddin', Jimmbo. I got more hair than you. I just choose to keep it places other than my head;).

okjimm said...

Lee.... more that I really wanted to know! but I'll ask Denise if it is true.....

Blog Archive