Thursday, January 8, 2009

just another sunrise

... had two interviews yesterday for other positions in the company. The whole process sucks.


But Spartz and Dusty liked the last sunrise and I thought I would post another.

I live close to a rather large lake; tip to tip it is about 35-40 miles long and about 11 miles at the widest. It dawned on me, last summer, that it had been years since I had been on the shore at sunrise. Other that those mornings, years ago, when I had been out all night and was in not shape to realize how beautiful it can be. Guess I am more of a sunset kinda dude. So I went down there more often sunday mornings last summer. It is only a ten-fifteen minute walk and there is an 24/7 convenience store along the way to grab a coffee or juice, try to play with Miriam's camera and see if I can grab a decent photo or two. I may be getting the hang of it.

OK. Back to waiting for the HR dept. to call. Or the next sunrise.

12 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Now that's a wonderful shot.

You want us to form a mob and beat anyone up to make sure you get the job?

okjimm said...

Dude, I got the job!..... I hadda back track with HR. There was some concern with $$$$... Higher commission rate, lower base. There were some minor issues with the 'lower-base' that were resolved..... more to my satisfaction than HR's.

It is always reassuring to know where one's next beer is coming from! ;)........ and I know the next one is coming @6pm CST!:)

Sherry Peyton said...

WEll, if those interviews don't produce a job, you might have one as a photographer. That is one stunning photo my friend!

okjimm said...

Thanks Sherry..... as they say in the midwest, even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!

Aphrodite said...

Hey, good luck to you.

Nice pix.

Liberality said...

congrats on getting the job offer!

Utah Savage said...

Congratulations on the job, the beer, and the gorgeous sun rise--I'm taking your word for it that that's a sun rise and not a sun set. You do indeed have nice skills as a camera master. Drink up dude, you've earned it.

Skippy said...

Wow. Nice picture. I'd like to be sitting by that lake having a cold one right now. Congrats on the job!

Spartacus said...

Congrats on the job, buddy. I'm with Skippy on this one. I'm dreaming of a imbibing several cold wobbly pops by the lake shore. Who knows? A summer road trip may be in order.

Randal Graves said...

Dude!

Dusty said...

Magnifico jim!!!! I love it..can I steal it to use as one of my header shots on my blog?

okjimm said...

Ms. Dust.... steal what ever you would like.... I would consider it an honor. (after you buy the first round. he he)

Blog Archive