Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 Hey, It could have been worse!


Ya know... what gets me.... and I am not being political and I am not looking for rebuttals or arguments..... but whole buncha folks just lined up early last year to kick Obama for what he didn't do... or what a whole buncha folks just naturally figured he had done.... well before he did anything.

Well.... and I am just saying.... I have been less than enchanted with 2009. But with the shit Obama stepped into... I am still willing to give him more than 11 months. I mean... it wasn't a great 11 months... but considering the previous 96 months....... it was a walk in the park. Don't believe me?



I offer, for amusement purposes.... the following observations and statements or our former leader.......


"Well, it's an unimaginable honor to be the president during the Fourth of July of this country. It means what these words say, for starters. The great inalienable rights of our country. We're blessed with such values in America. And I--it's--I'm a proud man to be the nation based upon such wonderful values."--Visiting the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C., July 2, 2001


"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."--After meeting with the leaders of the European Union, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001


"It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."--Quebec City, Canada, April 21, 2001


"I've coined new words, like, misunderstanding and Hispanically." Radio-Television Correspondents Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 29, 2001


"I am mindful not only of preserving executive powers for myself, but for predecessors as well." Washington, D.C., Jan. 29, 2001


"Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to…I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that." Pre-inaugural interview with U.S. News & World Report, Jan. 22, 2001 issue


"Redefining the role of the United States from enablers to keep the peace to enablers to keep the peace from peacekeepers is going to be an assignment." Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001


"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants." Interview with the New York Times, Jan. 14, 2001


"They misunderestimated me." Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000


"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." Greater Nashua, N.H., Chamber of Commerce, Jan. 27, 2000


"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."-Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000


"The great thing about America is everybody should vote."-Austin, Texas, Dec. 8, 2000


"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."--Reuters, May 5, 2000


"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"-Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000


"I understand small business growth. I was one."-New York Daily News, Feb. 19, 2000


"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."-Pella, Iowa, as quoted by the San Antonio Express-News, Jan. 30, 2000


"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet." Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000


"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000


"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods." Austin, Texas, Dec. 20, 2000


"The senator [McCain] has got to understand if he's going to have…..he can't have it both ways. He can't take the high horse and then claim the low road." To reporters in Florence, S.C., Feb. 17, 2000


"We ought to make the pie higher." South Carolina Republican Debate, Feb. 15, 2000
"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." Debate in St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000


"It's your money. You paid for it." LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000


"It's not the governor's role to decide who goes to heaven. I believe that God decides who goes to heaven, not George W. Bush." -- George W. Bush, in the Houston Chronicle.


"There ought to be limits to freedom. We're aware of this [web] site, and this guy is just a garbage man, that's all he is." -- George Jr., discussing a web site that parodies him


"I'm a uniter not a divider. That means when it comes time to sew up your chest cavity, we use stitches as opposed to opening it up." -- Bush, on David Letterman, March 2, 2000.
"I didn't -- I swear I didn't -- get into politics to feather my nest or feather my friends' nests." -- Bush Jr., in the Houston Chronicle




HA! That is how bad it was! Do you think it couldn't be worse?



"I'm addicted to Carmex. I don't go anywhere without Carmex." Sarah Palin.

10 comments:

Laura said...

Now come on...This was true!!
"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"-Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000"

That question is rarely asked.... ;P

Great post. I got a good giggle out it!

((Hugs)) & Happy New Year!
Laura

Laura said...

"out OF it".. I should have written...
I was having a "Bush Moment" sorry...

okjimm said...

Happy New Year, SunShine, and a belated Boxing Day, too!

Mauigirl said...

This is an excellent reminder of the great improvement in our government that took place this year!

Life As I Know It Now said...

Ok, alright, I remember how bad it was!

I'm still gonna be an antiwar hippie chick though :)

Christopher said...

What a great blog post.

I know I have been hard on his "O"-Ness this year, kicking his butt over the snails pace repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" and DOMA, and not getting the U.S. combat troops out of Iraq sooner.

It's just because I worked on his campaign, gave time and money and I have high expectations of Obama. Unlike the Motherfucker from Midland, who I had no expectations other than failure.

I want Obama to succeed and every day I get up and I am grateful Obama is president and not the Old Coot. Can you imagine if the Old Coot was president and Palin, vice president? There's a nightmare.

Unlike the un-American rants by clownasses like Rush Limbaugh and Mary Ellen Lieberman, who celebrate anything they perceive to be a failure by the administration.

okjimm said...

Maui G.... America's intellectual, emotional and psychic landscape needs a lot of refurbishing. It is a beginning. Now...if we can only get rid of Ruppert Murdoch...

Libs...I am with you on the war... it should end yesterday as far as I am concerned....at it should have never started in the first place.

Christopher.... thanks. I know you are disappointed... the real deal is... so am I... not only about lack of progress in correcting 'wrongs' about civil rights, but 'wrongs' about our environment, our finances, but what really kills me is this new image fostered by Bush Thuggians that Americans are uncivil idiots.

It was a big part of what drew me to the blogs..... a great group of divergent personalities reaching out to others for the betterment of all. ( I just wish we call all sit down and have a beer )

Christopher said...

I'll buy the first round!

Randal Graves said...

My favorite Chimpyism has to be the OB/GYN one.

Anonymous said...

I'm the kind of guy who enjoys to seek recent things. Right now I am fabricating my hold solar panels. I am making it all by myself without the assistance of my staff. I am using the net as the only path to acheive this. I stumbled upon a really brilliant site that explains how to build solar panels and so on. The site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I'm not exactly sure about how accurate the info given there iz. If some guys over here who have experience with these things can have a peak and give your feedback in the site it would be awesome and I'd highly value it, cauze I really lav solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U guys are great.

Blog Archive