Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wowsers.... whole lotta taggin' been goin' on! And I have not been catching up.... mostly cause I still do not have a home computer and then second-mostly cause I have been catching up with the kids and third mostly, doing a lotta 'getting-ready-for-winter' stuff.
so......... Mathman tagged me...

The purpose is to share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about your self. Here are the rules for this meme:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
6. Let your tagged peops know once your entry is UP. Blog pal Dr Zibbs tagged me with the 6 odd things/quirks about me meme.

SIX... only six! SHeesh! non-important/quirks/habits... picking only six is akin to asking what my favorite sentences are in War and Peace! But I will give it a whirl...

1. I am a peanut butter freak. Skippy. On toast, bananas, apples, sandwichs, cottage cheese,oatmeal ...I have yet to find something that does not taste good with peanut butter. (well, there are exceptions.... smoked oysters and peanut butter do NOT taste good together)

2. I collect straight razors. I collect a lotta stuff... but I have had problems shaving (over active facial hair) since 8th grade. Friends starting giving me different razors to try. I fell in love with the beauty of antique straight razors.... ivory inlaid handles, imbedded silver work. Some are very beautiful.

3. I am afraid of heights.....but used to high dive from quarry cliffs. It was kinda like having panic attacks for fun.

4. I had a great-uncle who was a priest and presided at the burial mass for Joseph McCarthy.

5. I love watching High School Marching bands in parades. Even if they play badly. Brings tears to my eyes. Not sure why... but they are the only reason I watch parades.

6. I do not own a computer but really like blogging. I suppose I could get one.... but sometimes I think it would take away from the time I use to drink beer or watch High School Marching bands playing badly.

I am not going to tag anyone. Making links makes me think of breakfast with eggs and toast.



Then the esteemed humanitarian/activist/neat-o Border Explorer was kind enough to tag me with.....
Tagging for Blogger Album Project The multitalented Robert Rouse of Left of Centrist started up a project to track our musical tastes.THE RULES:
1. Post your list of the seven best albums, the seven bloggers you will tag, a copy of these rules, and a link back to this page.
2. Each person tagged will put a URL to their Blogger Album Project post along with a list of the seven best albums in the comment section HERE.
3. Feel free to post the “I Contributed to the Blogger Album Project” Award Graphic on your sidebar, along with a link back to this page.
4. Post a link back to the blogger who tagged you.Tagging for Blogger Album Project The multitalented Robert Rouse of Left of Centrist started up a project to track our musical tastes.

So, in no particular order...
I was a Fleetwood Freakie in the early 70's. The guitar work of Danny Kirwan and Bob Welch on Bare Trees blew me away when I first heard it. Plus I gotza thing about trees in autumn and the album jacket photo still blows me away.


Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks. A little folk, a little jazz, a little swing and a lotta fun. Spawned out of the hippie Haight with a lotta different in his back pocket, he is currently in somewhat a revival. Hicks in concert is a gas. I hope to hear him live soon.

'Someone left the cake out in the rain' . Jim Webb and Richard Harris. I went through three vinyl's. I think my soul will be at peace when I find my MacArthur Park.


Emmy Lou. The voice of a broken heart and the vision of love that runs down a highway of forever. I think I have spun through multiple copies of this as well.
Some of the best piano I have ever heard. The best thing to put on the stereo on a sunday morning making tea while your lover is lounging in bed.



Herbie. Some of the best. Head Hunters was a revelation.


I was seventeen when I started college. I didn't know a soul on campus. A couple of weeks of trying to make the football team as a slow 175lb linebacker left me feeling alone, bruised and beaten. I was walking past a lounge in the union and heard Phil and realized that we are together, all of us, in feeling alone, bruised and beaten. It is what makes tomorrow possible.


I can't tag anyone on this either..... I am running out of time posting this and have to get back to real work. I hope someone reading this picks it up, like a message in a bottle, and throws it along.


Tomorrow is just another sea to go swimming in.


Love. jimm








12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Jif eating, bridge jumper who is terrified of heights and I named a Fleetwood Mac album as one of my favorite albums. Close enough? Will you please introduce me to Johnny Depp now?

Dean Wormer said...

Is that THE Richard Harris? The actor?

Cool.

Randal Graves said...

If okjimm jumped off a bridge, would you jump, too? That's like, zen, man.

Peanut butter is one of the greatest foods ever invented.

Even when you're making a funny, your posts are poetic. I still think you cheated in that game of tic-tac-toe, though.

okjimm said...

Dcup.... don't jump off that bridge until you come to it! Ya, I can live with Jif, on sale, but Skippy is the STUFF. (just ask Spartacus)

Dean.. Ya, the actor. It really was a good album. all songs written by Jimmy Webb... he wrote a ton of stuff in the late 60's, 70's. Check it out, ya might like it, who knows.

Randal, my friend... you are correct peanut butter is the STUFF.. God bless George Washington Carver n everything. And gees, if you think I wax poetic just cracking-wise.... you should catch me after three beers and a polish sausage. I start reciting the Iliad like you NEVER heard it before!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I can't get past the idea that you don't have a computer by CHOICE!!!!!!! I mean is that weird or what? I mean good grief. You do this at work? WOw!!!! Too cool dude. Talk about being a nonconformist!

Unknown said...

Two for the price of one! I must admit I am with Dcup on the Jif. So when all else fails, I'l dip her hand in a jar of Jif and drive over to the local bridge...

Billie Greenwood said...

Love your music. Knew I would. Thanks for taking this on.

Randal Graves said...

Drunken okjimm podcasts. Get cracking on that, man!

Anonymous said...

I hate to break it to you jimm, but after years of downing peanut butter sandwiches after school, I have lost my taste for that STUFF. I've moved on to grilled-cheese as my bread filler of choice.

Missy said...

Straight razors? Sounds dangerous. Always living on the edge, aren't ya buddy?

Cliffs, bridges, it's all about the panic attack and ensuing coma. I'm terrified of heights but love roller coasters. Gemini is still my fave.

Mom! quit trying to five the people on the other track!

I think we need to find a few hundred people to pony up five bucks each so we can get you a new computer. You're golden, dude.

Distributorcap said...

no peanut butter
but yes to phil ochs

Anonymous said...

Jimm, thanks for participating in the Blogger Album Project. Your selections have been added to the main list.

Thanks again,
Robert

Blog Archive