Monday, September 8, 2008

Oh Wowsers, I am still tired

OK.
I had this whole thingee I was writing about the football game in Madison, and how we lost Carver, and then Joslyn.....
How Lucinda and I crashed a frat party...
getting lost in Madison..... running into my old buddy 'The Puppy' and how he is now a State Senator.... (and still a shitty drunk)..
and then found Carter.....but re-lost Joslyn.....
and then meet up with Bubba and his Band of Buddies at the Black Keys concert..... forgetting where we parked the car....decided to crash in Madison for the night, calling all over for a motel room....
....but the computer ate my homework. I felt like I was in college again.
All I got left is the Fleetwood Mac song we played over and over.....

Did You Ever Love Me

Ohh you're a dream
Hide your head in the sand
You're far away,when I want you around
And you leave me lonely when I'm feeling down
Do your ever wonder, or worry about me
Did I ever love you, did you ever love me
Do your ever wonder, or worry about me
Did I ever love you, did you ever love me

Why is it baby, our love just won't grow
You made me happy but time has gone by
Please leave me softly, I won't say goodbye
So all I wanted slips through my hands
You're far away when I want you around
And you leave me lonely when I'm feeling down

Do your ever wonder, or worry about me
Did I ever love you, did you ever love me
Do your ever wonder, or worry about me
Did I ever love you, did you ever love me
1973

I realize I cannot party like 1973 anymore....... but gees, it sure brought back some neat-o memories.
I have to rest up, here at work. Packers kick-off in three hours!

5 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I'm skipping the White Sox game tonight (which will probably be rained out anyway) and staying home to watch the Packers with my hubby...and some beer and a platter of nachos (gotta have cheese when watching the Packers).

Geez...Fleetwood Mac, it's been awhile since I've listened to them.

Life As I Know It Now said...

I think I knew I had finally grown up when I figured out that I couldn't party like I did as a teen/young adult:

:~O

But then sometimes I slip up and act like I'm a young ass kid again and then look out!

Anonymous said...

Damn it..okjimm would you act your age already and spark up the bong. Jeez...you're burning daylight here. ;^)

Randal Graves said...

Ha ha, you are so old!

susan said...

On the intertubes you're only as old as your avatar.

oops!

Blog Archive