Sherry , from Feather Adrift has laid this thingee on me.... A "Stylish Blogg'er" award...
Ha! but get this! The award comes with RULES!! Well, Shit&Whiskers, if that don't top it all. cause not only do I have no-style at-all, I gotz no-taste at-all, no-brains at-all, no-money, at-all, no-morals at-all and no-ethics at -all! Well, sheesh, that just goes to what a no-it-all I am and I certainly do not hold no truck with no rules-at-all!!
Well, anyways, I'm going to be nice and presume that Sherry made a semantic error and meant 'request'. Requests are nice . I can live with that.
The first rul...request is that I reveal seven little know facts about me......which could be tough as I usually find a dozen things a day I do not know about me. I am a mystery to Me as it were. But I'll give it a shot.
1)I have never eaten a prune. Ever. Do not plan on it either. I will be one soon enough, thank you very much.
2) I am 54 years old... wait, that was last year... or maybe the year before that. Where's that wallet.... see I told you this could be tough.
3) I have thought of becoming bi-lingual..... but then realize I like women too much and it is too late to change.
4) my last year of college and for a couple of years after that I drove taxi as a way to pay rent and buy beer and drugs. Big old boxy Checker cabs. One night I pick up this old white-haired guy at the University to take him to his hotel. he jumps in my cab and starts telling me that he has just come from a meeting where he has decided to seek the Republican nomination for Governor. For the next twenty minutes he tells me of his hopes and plans for Wisconsin; improving the University system, making it easier for minorities to go to college, environmental concerns.... yadda and stuff. We get to his hotel and he sits there and goes on for another twenty minutes. I didn't mind as I didn't have another fare and I was stoned anyway. Later that year Lee Sherman Dreyfus bucked the the Republican machine and became Governor. He turned out to be a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, passing the first law in the state to ban Gay discrimination. I voted for him. He spent about an hour talking to some patched-jean. long-haired, bearded hippie as if I was the most important citizen in the whole state. He wasn't a great governor.... but he turned out to be decent and honest
5) I cry reading those stupid goddam Chicken Soup for the Soul books and then am filled with such self loathing for having done so that I have to go out and drink copious amounts of beer to get re-balance.
6) the two most precious moments of my life were when my children were born. If I concentrate on those days, hours, minutes, seconds, I cry as well, though I never need a beer after wards.
7) I have to trim my left eye-brow cause it gets really bushy and sticks up like an owls. My right eyebrow is well behaved.
ok... the other request is to tag other folks.... but instead I will just recommend
The Black Magpie Theory
Helllllo Mr President, are you listening
and never last
Try 'em out... you may like them