Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What I learned in Church




So I found myself in church one day and the minister was doing a sermon, as they often do, and this day he decided to do a little visual.

Four worms were placed into four separate jars.


The first worm was put into a container of alcohol.


The second worm was put into a container of cigar smoke.


The third worm was put into a container of chocolate .


The fourth worm was put into a container of good clean soil.


At the conclusion of the sermon, the Minister reported the following results:


The first worm in alcohol
 - Dead

The second worm in cigar smoke - Dead 
  
  

Third worm in chocolate  - Dead 
  
  
Fourth worm in good clean soil -  Alive
  
So the Minister asked  - 
  
What did you learn from this demonstration?

  
Well, I don't go to church often...or extremely seldom at best, but I raised my hand and said:

'As long as you drink, smoke and eat chocolate, you won't have worms!'

5 comments:

susan said...

Sounds like excellent reasoning to me.

Randal Graves said...

You just made Sweet Zombie Jesus cry. Please don't steal his booze, smokes and chocolate.

Liberality said...

and who wants worms anyway? :-)

Jayna said...

HAHA! nice!

David Barber said...

Good one, Jimm. I hope you weren't sat there with a cigar in your mouth, a beer in hand and dishing out chocolate when you answered that question. :-)

Blog Archive