Thursday, February 26, 2009

Stuff






... got to meet Yogi.... and has the pictures to prove it!
Now I am not a really big baseball fan..... in fact I am not a fan at all.......
But Yogi Berra is one of the world's best word manglers.... and that makes him a hero of mine!
If anyone has NOT read Yogi quotes.......ya gotta check 'em out;
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
"It ain't the heat, it's the humility."
My favorite has always been:
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else."
which is how I ended up on the blogs......and meeting so many nice people.....
sometimes when you come to a fork in the road, ya gotta take it!

6 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Buncha sellouts to Yankee coin, the lot of ya! Pshaw! And harrumph!

Skippy said...

He keeps telling me it's a business trip. Looks like that Met fan is having fun with two Yankee's.

susan said...

What a lucky day for you. We got to meet one of his teammates before we left RI - Phil Rizzuto. We bought him canolis from a N. Providence bakery when he came to our son's college. The sports center had been destroyed by fire that winter and he was helping to raise money for rebuilding. I remember the yellow Rolls Royce parked out front and how frail but sweet he was when we got to give him the treats. We'd been following Yankee games for years just because he was so much fun to listen to:

"I like radio better than television because if you make a mistake on radio, they don't know. You can make up anything on the radio."

or

"I'll take anyway to get into the Hall of Fame. If they want a batboy, I'll go in as a batboy."

I hope you enjoyed your meeting with Yogi as much.

susan said...

Oops! My most still counts, doesn't it even though I hadn't read your carefully enough to see it was Spartacus who met Yogi? I'm sorry it wasn't you too.

Dean Wormer said...

"I want to thank everybody who made this day necessary."

Anonymous said...

I'm so embarrassed for not commenting on this post sooner. It was so cool meeting Yogi Berra and Ron Guidry, but true Met fan that I am, I drove all the way to Port St. Lucie through a driving rainstorm to see them play. That was 180 miles one way, by the way.

Blog Archive