ok. Fairlane, the esteemed Commodore of the Good Ship Jonestown, the criteria......
"Arte y Pico” is part of a tag initiative that is passed along to compliment other bloggers.
Now, here are the rules and regulations, as well as my nominees for the next five deserving winners of the Arte y Pico Award:
1) Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, http://fairlane.wordpress.com/.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award which is here Arte y Pico.
This has flabbergasted me to no end, primarily because I have had a blog for a total of two weeks, (hey, I took off my shoes just to make sure I was counting correctly) though I have dropped comments around blogs like a pigeon drops droppings around a picnic in the park. Now that is a whole different deal that HAVING a blog.... and doing all the neato- stuff like adding music and videos and such.
I am really complimented, at at the same time confused. In the former sense because I have an extreme amount of respect and admiration for the Esteemed Mr. Lane (or the Emperor....or Dark Lord, or King of All Things Keen&Peachy....pick'em) and his abilities and the talent at the craft of WordSmitheryism&Stuff. &all the other posters, commentators, pundits and trolls that hang in said aforementioned environs&Shit.
The confusion is that, to follow the rules, I need to know what I am doing.
- owns a four year old laptop, recently purchased.
- does not have a home internet connection
- hits the blogs mostly at work(where no one gives a shit)
- at Oblios(where they love me)
I will certainly pass along the award, but I gotta beg a little indulgence. It's just gonna take a little bit. I really do not know what I am doing. Now that may work for "Life Experiences" (or not work, as I have discovered) but putting together a blog and making it as cool as Politits, or Lennui Melodieux, or DCap or Anita's or Freida's or FOT or D'ad Art.......ya, you get the drift. There are so many people who are doing such incredible things.....that I am really still a little bit in awe of this vast landscape of communication. I truly am.
And if I may wax eloquent, it is this elemental and deeply sincere level of communication that still gives me hope about the future of America...
The mass media has let us down,,,,,,,,, religion has let us down.....politicians have let us down.....society has let us down...... and yet kind, thoughtful minds, giving souls, and wishful hearts seem to always find a way to reach out and find the other hands reaching out. It is what the 'We' in 'Us' does. Really Good Stuff..
I'll be back. I'm getting weepy. I need to blow my nose....and geta beer.