Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Song for Tuesday, a day late & a tomorrow early


I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow
Moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow
Moonshadow
Moonshadow

And if I ever lose my hands
Lose my plough
Lose my land
Oh if I ever lose my hands
Oh if, I won't have to work no more

And if I ever lose my eyes
If my colours all run dry
Yes if I ever lose my eyes
Oh if, I won't have to cry no more

And if I ever lose my legs
I won't moan, and I won't beg
Yes if I ever lose my legs
Oh if, I won't have to walk no more

And if I ever lose my mouth
All my teethNorth and south
Yes if I ever lose my mouth
Oh if, I won't have to talk

Did it take long to find me?
I asked the faithful light
Did it take long to find me?
And are you gonna stay the night?

I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow
Moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow
Moonshadow
Moonshadow

5 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Watch out, for monsters live in shadows. They might even be toting assault rifles.

Laura said...

I love Cat Stevens. :)
((Hugs))
Laura

Dr. Zaius said...

Ack! My brother used to play that record over and over and over and over. Unfortunately, I grew to hate it. :o(

Life As I Know It Now said...

I remember singing this song when I was a young girl. I loved the song. I loved any song with moons and shadows in them...

okjimm said...

RG...I fear no monsters...I lived through the Bush administration and lived!~

Sunshine...his early stuff was great. My daughter just picked up on him.

Dr. Z, ya... overplay kills anything. Drove to Montana once and we only had an AM radio and two Dylan tapes. It was years before I could listen to Nashville Skyline again.

Libs.... I like a full moon reflected on a still lake at midnight. (goes well with beer :)

Blog Archive