Monday, December 1, 2008

Wake me in Springtime

OK Dokerroo! We gotz snow. It started as slush, turned to rain, reverted to snow, went back to slush, re-emerged as sleety-shit, re-introduced itself as snow, little bit of ice and all of it accompanied by some really stupid 30mph wind.
Now there might be some folks who enjoy winter and there may be those that wax rhapsodic on the wistful white wonder of snow....... but I sure ain't one o dem!!
Man, this is two years in a row that we have had a storm in early December! Last year I was on a rare business trip to beautiful Downtown Canton, OH and discovered that snow in Ohio is just as slippery as snow in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I should have known.

Now don't get me wrong. I like winter well enough. Well enough that after two weeks, I am done with it. Ya, and iffen anybody out there tries to tell me how great winter is..... Why gosh, ya'll come on over and let's go ice fishing!

And more snow is predicted. And more cold. And then more snow. Winter.... pffffttt!!!

I love the environment as much as the next beer guzzler, but I am more concerned with Jimm-warming than I am about Global Warming...... from now through March.

Life is a beach.... ana I wanna know why I am not ON ONE!!!

8 comments:

Randal Graves said...

You sound like the weathermen 'round these parts the other day when the bloody awful sun peeked out.

"Doesn't this make you wish for summer?"

NO.

Communists, the lot of ya! Ahhhh, look at that grey. Sniff.

Anonymous said...

I know how you could get past your Winter blues:
1) Snow tires on you bicycle, which will make it easier for you to enjoy...

2) A pint of 2008 Anchor Christmas Ale...

Life As I Know It Now said...

Buy a sun lamp and stay inside. Draw the blinds/curtains/what have you and drink a few beers. It's only the going out in the crap that really sucks so stay inside ;)

Anonymous said...

There was no winter before the damn commies started it! I'm convinced. I was born in the tropics and sold to gypsies who gave me to these idiot people in MI. I hate winter, as any rational person would.

Anonymous said...

We still have lotsa sunshine here in southern NM. I've been working on my suntan. I do hope to at least have some snow for xmas though.

okjimm said...

Randal...Man! Whatta ya got against summer! Boy! Try going to an outdoor rock concert and drink beer in Wisconsin(OHIO) during January!

Spartz... sounds good on paper- snow tires for bike - but that sucker is waxed and packed for the season. it is too cold for biking...but the Anchor Steam Ale is a great idea. Currently drinking Sierra Nevada Celebrator Ale. Nice stuff.

Libs... I wish I could stay inside... but I get too nutty

(like, wowsers- I need help getting nutty?)

staying indoors.

Sherry... oh wow! //sold to gypsies //

... and then the gypsies sold you to folks in IOWA? Boy, those gypsies!

ANA JO....ya, go ahead... make me feel bad! ;)

anita said...

i know you'll hate me for this, but i'm looking forward to the first big snowfall!!

i just gotta line-up a local young'un (or old guy with a snowblower) to shovel me out.

look at it this way: bad weather is always an excellent excuse for staying inside and sulking.

Unknown said...

No one is twisting your arm to stay in the frozen north...right? ;)

Move to sunny SoCal..where it never rains and the beaches are wonderful year around. You just can't drink beer on em!

Blog Archive